Blancpain Swiss Watches
Jehan-Jacques Blancpain founded the company in 1735 and this remained family-owned and operated for almost 200 years. In 1815, his grandson Frédéric-Louis Blancpain, upgraded the historical Villeret workshop. More than a decade later, his great grandson, renames the company Fabrique d’horlogerie Emile Blancpain and begins the construction of what would become the biggest timepieces manufacturer in Villeret.
With time, the company becomes famous for creating complicated movements for prestigious brand in Geneva and other parts of Switzerland. In 1961, Blancpain becomes part of the Société Suisse pour l’Industrie Horlogére (SSIH) together with Omega, Tissot and Lémania. Blancpain becomes the main manufacturer of movements for the SSIH group besides producing watches bearing its own name.